Tuesday, May 6, 2008

DaVinci Festival

As a designer in a corporate environment, I am always looking for new ideas and fresh new styles. Well it is so easy to forget to have fun and enjoy what you are doing. John and I stoped over to the DaVinci Festival student art show yesterday. Works of art from all over the Broome County area in many different mediums. I love to see just about any art show, but these kids really showed us some nice creative work! Everything from sculpture to photography, water color to colored pencil and ink.

Student art work from the surrounding school districts, grades K-12. The show runs until May 27th and gallery hours are M-F from 9am until 5pm. Weekends the gallery is closed. The show is on the second floor of the City building in downtown Binghamton.

These students worked hard on these pieces, if you go I am sure you will not be disapointed. If you are in the Windsor Elementary School section "Bell Elementary" there was one piece that really stood out to me done by a young budding artist Karaleigh Saar, not that I would be biased or anything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home